Red Modeling

Under Construction

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wraith Lord conversion complete!!




So here it is, all done! It is supposed to be a Striking Scorpion Wraith Lord.

The commission was a bit more challenging and time consuming that I thought it would be. All of the dreadlocks were rolled by hand, the chainsword needed to be scratch built, the Britelance converted to a rifle, and the legs and torso re-sculpted to the positions that they are in.


However after talking with the client the pose shown to the left was the one we came up with. As beautiful as the inspiration picture is, I felt like I wanted to do something that conveyed more of a sense of motion and "striking".

Sadly I will not be painting this guy as much as I would like to, but I will make sure and post some pictures of it painted when the client sends them to me.



Ashton

4 comments:

  1. Glad you guys like it, I am actually working on a 2nd one for the same client, it will not be a striking scorpion one, but a cool pose none the less.

    Ashton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, I was planning on a similar pose for a Wraithseer, this has given me much inspiration, thanks

    ReplyDelete