Red Modeling

Under Construction

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Well, almost a year since my last post, but this post comes with some information and the announcement of some changes coming up!!  I will be graduating in 2 days, this means more time to get back into painting and and updating things around here on a more regular basis!! So I thought I would take some time to post some of the stuff that is in the pipeline so that everyone knows what is coming up.

I have been doing a lot of gaming commission lately, and I have been feeling the need to get back to my roots and do some regular modeling.  Over the next few weeks I have a few projects that I will be posting on that I am making progress.

The first of them will be for all those Star Wars geeks out there!!

I have picked up a couple of 1/144 scale model kits form Fine Molds!!  The Millennium Falcon and Slave I are the once I currently have, given some more time I will probably pic a few of the 1/72 scale fighters, like the X-Wing, Y-Wing and Tie Fighter.  Rest assured it will be enough to pin to geek meter for just about any one!  If you are interested in picking up any of these kits swing on over to Starship Modeler's web store, they usually have all this stuff in stock!!

The next piece of modeling that you can expect to see in the next weeks is this beauty here!!
This is a 1/35 scale mech called the "Fiddler" it is produced by a company called White Dragon Miniatures . This is probably the model that I am most excited to start!!  I have had it for a while, but due to school and other demands it has been collecting dust.  I pulled it out today to asses things a bit better in preparation for working on it....

Some other things that you can expect to see from me some time in the next year would be a few of the models over at Industria Mechanika. It is a very cool website by a very talented modeler.  Specifically I am looking at their Dust Buster and The Rook.  There is some other items that I will definitely be picking up as well as there release schedule dictates.

In addition to these I have some more commission work that I am working on for Jay and Trevor over at Chainattack Podcast.  For Jay I have already done quite a bit of stuff for him, here is a link to a gallery of some of his stuff. Also worth mentioning is that Jay owns Discount Games Inc.  He has some fantastic prices on what he sells, I highly recommend him for all your gaming needs, and his increasing hobby line as well.  Some of you know Trevor from Chain Attack as well, I have slowly been working on his Orange Skorne.  There will be some more contributions to his army as well over the next few weeks.

The other thing I will be working on is some reviews for some of the mini's that I have painted.  However, what I plan on doing is assessing them from a assembly and painting standpoint.  One thing I have certainly learned is all model and mini's are not created equal.  I am working on a grading system that will asses a models assembly, paint-ability, convert-ability and over all fun hobby score.  This is something I have always wanted to see that I think will be interesting to do.

Look forward to seeing how this year goes, thanks for checking in!!

4 comments:

  1. been quite a while Ashton - more than 2 years I think!

    last year I finally got that first dread drop pod painted for my novamarines and I have just sent off the red one to get painted up along with my flesh tearers.

    still no paint progress on those magnetized termies.

    looking forward to some assembling reviews and ps. you need special permission to view that gallery of stuff you painted for the podcast guy.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up Tristan! I am glad to here that the stuff is at least being used!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just fixed the links, take a look and let me know if there working now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep they work now - that jack looks really cool

      Delete